Creating a website can be a daunting task for many people who don’t have technical expertise. That’s where website builders come in – they provide easy-to-use tools and templates that allow anyone to build professional looking websites. With website builders like Wix, Squarespace and WordPress, you don’t need any coding skills to create an online presence.
However, one important factor to consider when choosing a website builder is their customer support capabilities. Having access to reliable customer service can make all the difference in getting timely help when issues arise. In this article, we’ll explore why customer support is crucial for website builders and their users.
The Learning Curve of Website Creation
For first-time website owners, there is often a steep learning curve to building a site. Even with drag-and-drop interfaces of website builders, users can feel overwhelmed by all the options and features available. There may be confusion around:
- Choosing the right template and layout for your business
- Customizing colors, fonts, images and other design elements
- Setting up contact and email forms
- Integrating a blog, online store or other functionality
- Optimizing SEO settings and metadata
- Publishing the site and setting up web hosting
Without help documentation or tutorials, website creation can be frustrating. Excellent customer support representatives have the product knowledge to guide users through the process. They can explain how certain settings impact the site functionality and appearance. Just having someone walk you through the initial setup can greatly improve the website-building experience.
Technical Issues During Development
As a site starts coming together, technical problems often crop up. Images may not be formatting properly, text overlapping in odd ways or pages not displaying correctly on mobile. Bugs can occur when previewing or publishing the site, preventing it from going live.
These kinds of technical issues can be hard to diagnose for inexperienced users. But customer support agents handle such problems every day across many different sites. They can quickly identify what’s wrong and suggest fixes to get the site back on track. Whether it’s adjusting image sizes, changing HTML tags or reconfiguring plugins, the tech support team has the expertise to address development issues.
Managing Hosting, Domains and Maintenance
Once a site is published, website owners have to handle administrative tasks like managing web hosting, domains, site backups and software updates. As an all-in-one platform, website builders make these tasks simpler through control panels. But users still may need assistance understanding:
- Setting up web hosting plans and domains within the website builder
- Pointing existing domains to the new website
- Creating automatic backups of the site data
- Monitoring site traffic and bandwidth usage
- Updating the CMS and installed plugins/extensions
- Renewing SSL certificates for security
Reliable support staff has the backend access and knowledge to help users properly configure these settings within the website builder. They can also troubleshoot any issues that arise related to managing hosting, domains or performing site maintenance.
Finding Errors and Problems Post-Launch
After launching a website, issues can still arise that prevent it from functioning properly. Pages may load slowly or not at all. Forms might stop working. Images or text can disappear. Outages can occur if the hosting plan exceeds bandwidth limits.
Diagnosing problems on a live site requires technical skills that new website owners usually lack. Customer support agents are invaluable for assessing errors and finding fixes. They can quickly determine if issues are related to:
- Excessive traffic overwhelming the server
- Plugin conflicts and how to resolve them
- Broken links that need updating
- Outdated security certificates
- DNS configuration problems
- Limits set by the hosting plan
By pinpointing the source of problems, tech support helps minimize downtime and keeps sites running smoothly after launch.
Providing Guidance on Growth
Once a website is up and running, the next step is attracting visitors and growing the business. Website builders make it simple to add ecommerce stores, blogs, appointment scheduling and other tools. But making the most of these advanced features requires strategic guidance.
Knowledgeable support reps can advise on best practices for:
- Driving website traffic through SEO, social media and content.
- Converting visitors into customers or email list subscribers.
- Building out online stores with multiple products/payment options.
- Creating effective landing pages and lead capture forms.
- Setting up marketing automations and email sequences.
As needs evolve, customer service can provide tips and ideas for continually improving the site. This helps website owners accomplish their bigger business goals.
Assistance with Redesigns and Relaunches
Websites require occasional redesigns to keep content fresh and engage visitors. Support teams can guide businesses through refreshes of:
- Site layouts and templates to improve usability
- Visual elements like color schemes, fonts and images to update the style
- Text and graphics to reflect new branding
- Navigation and menus to enhance organization
Support staff also helps with executing relaunches by:
- Testing new designs across devices to catch bugs
- Ensuring custom domains/SSLs point to the updated site
- Redirecting traffic from old URLs to new pages
- Troubleshooting launch issues to avoid downtime
- Monitoring performance post-launch and fixing problems
With experienced reps overseeing the process, site redesigns go smoothly and achieve the desired impact.
Responding to Questions and Concerns
Throughout the website ownership lifecycle, questions and concerns inevitably arise. Some examples are:
- How can I customize my site design further?
- What is causing sudden drops in my traffic?
- Is this monthly hosting price competitive?
- Did my site get hacked? How can I tell?
- Should I upgrade my web hosting plan?
- What security measures should I implement?
Responsive customer support is invaluable for addressing website owners’ questions, worries and uncertainties. Representatives can clearly explain issues plus provide recommendations tailored to each business’s needs. Just having your concerns heard and acknowledged helps provide peace of mind.
Delivering Personalized Service
While online help centers and knowledge bases can provide useful self-help resources, they are limited. Only live support staff can:
- Listen to users’ specific website goals and challenges
- Ask probing questions to better understand needs
- Suggest customized solutions rather than generic advice
- Build rapport by learning individual users’ preferences
- Follow up on issues persistently until resolved
The personalized servicedelivered by patient, attentive customer support results in greater user satisfaction. Website owners feel like valued clients rather than impersonal user numbers.
Driving User Loyalty and Success
Ultimately, a website builder’s customer service affects whether users renew their subscriptions and recommend the platform. Support experiences that are frustrating or unhelpful lead to cancellations and negative reviews. But timely, skilled assistance earns users’ trust and appreciation.
Exceptional customer service does more than resolve technical problems – it sets users up for long-term website success. By guiding website owners through every challenge, support teams help them:
- Realize their online business vision
- Attract more visitors and convert leads
- Continuously enhance and update their sites
- Never miss a beat when issues arise
- Feel confident in their website and abilities
This enables businesses to thrive online thanks to the website builder’s ongoing aid and expertise.
- Customer support is critical at all stages of the website creation journey – from initial learning curves to post-launch growth.
- Knowledgeable support reps diagnose technical problems, explain features, optimize performance and keep sites running smoothly.
- Personalized service and expertise provide reassurance while expanding users’ capabilities.
- By promptly responding to website owners’ needs, customer service drives satisfaction, retention and success stories.
- Superior support is what separates decent website builders from great ones that users love.
When evaluating website builders, pay close attention to their customer service offerings. Prioritize options with 24/7 live chat, phone support and online ticketing to access real assistance whenever issues arise. With the right help by their side, businesses can create successful online presences that accomplish goals now and in the future.