Choosing the right web hosting provider is crucial for any small business wanting to establish an online presence. With so many options available though, it can be overwhelming trying to determine which hosting provider best fits your business’s specific needs and budget. This article will discuss the top 10 web hosting providers that are ideal for small businesses based on factors like cost, ease of use, customer support, features, uptime and more. We’ll provide an overview of each host along with pros and cons to help you make an informed decision when selecting a provider to launch and grow your small business website.
Bluehost is one of the most popular shared hosting providers for small businesses. Hosting plans start at just $2.95 per month and include a free domain name for one year. Some key features include:
- Intuitive control panel and site builder tool to easily create a website without coding skills needed.
- Unlimited bandwidth and storage on all plans.
- Free SSL certificate included for secure web browsing.
- 24/7 customer support via phone, chat and email.
- 30 day money back guarantee.
- Renewal prices are higher than initial sign up price.
- Limits on some advanced features at lower tier plans.
- Accounts may experience downtime during peak traffic times.
With powerful features at a low price point, Bluehost is a great choice for small businesses wanting reliable shared hosting for WordPress or other CMS websites. The easy to use interface makes it beginner-friendly.
Operating since 2002, HostGator is another industry leader in shared hosting for small businesses. Their entry-level plan starts at $2.75 per month with unlimited bandwidth and storage space.
- Quick and easy WordPress installation with integrated auto-installer tool.
- Option for dedicated IP addresses to improve site speed.
- Excellent uptime record and performance.
- Live chat, phone and email support options.
- Renewal prices jump significantly after introductory offers.
- Too many upsells after signing up for initial plan.
- Complex interface can have steep learning curve.
HostGator frequently runs promotions for discounts of up to 60% off hosting plans, making the value even better. Overall, it remains a great option for small business owners looking for a reliable shared web hosting solution.
3. InMotion Hosting
InMotion Hosting has built a reputation for fast performance and excellent support. Shared hosting plans start at $5.99 per month and include free SSD storage, unlimited bandwidth, and a free domain name.
- 90 day money back guarantee for new accounts.
- Optional caching and server management services for faster page loads.
- Easy to use website builder tool.
- Scalable resource limits to accommodate growing sites.
- Renewal prices jump after initial term.
- Higher entry price point than some competitors.
- Limited free extras compared to other providers.
InMotion hosting offers excellent uptime, support, and speed making it ideal for ecommerce or other small businesses wanting a reliable foundation for growth. The ample 90 day guarantee also makes it low risk to try out.
GreenGeeks distinguishes itself by offering eco-friendly web hosting powered by renewable energy. Shared hosting plans begin at $2.49 per month and include free domain name registration, unlimited SSD storage, and automatic backups.
- Intuitive control panel with 1-click installs for CMS platforms.
- Reasonable renewal price with no surprise spikes.
- Active community forum for web hosting discussions.
- 30 day money back guarantee.
- Support options limited to ticket-based system.
- Fewer available add-ons compared to some competitors.
- Less flexibility in server configuration.
For the environmentally conscious small business, GreenGeeks delivers reliable shared hosting combined with an eco-friendly mission. Robust features make website management seamless.
5. A2 Hosting
Built for speed, A2 Hosting offers up to 20X faster hosting powered by its SwiftServer technology and solid state drives. Shared hosting plans start at $2.99 per month and include features like free SSL, unlimited storage, and anytime money back guarantee.
- Proprietary technology results in blazing fast page loads.
- Scales smoothly to accommodate more visitors.
- Advanced caching features improve performance.
- Knowledgeable 24/7/365 customer support.
- Renewal price jumps significantly after initial term.
- Confusing array of hosting options.
- Add-ons can increase cost considerably.
For small businesses where site speed is a priority, A2 Hosting delivers excellent performance. They also provide user-friendly management tools even for beginners.
Offering a balance of performance and affordability, SiteGround is another recommended shared host for small business websites. Shared hosting starts at $3.95 per month and includes unlimited bandwidth, websites, and free daily backups.
- NGINX web server results in faster page loads.
- Free Cloudflare CDN to cache and serve content from worldwide data centers.
- Web hosting advisors provide customized recommendations.
- Free auto-updates for WordPress sites.
- Steep renewal price after initial term expires.
- Add-ons and extra features increase cost.
- Support options not as robust as some competitors.
SiteGround is a worthy contender for small businesses wanting great performance without breaking the bank. User-friendly tools help streamline web management.
iPage hosting helps small business owners on tight budgets build an online presence at an affordable rate. Shared hosting plans start at only $1.99 per month with features like unlimited bandwidth, free domain name, and drag and drop site builder.
- 24/7 live chat and phone support.
- Easy to use control panel ideal for beginners.
- Scales to accommodate more traffic.
- Low introductory price point.
- Renewal prices jump considerably after one year.
- Speed and performance only average.
- Limited backup and security features.
For new website owners with limited technical skills, iPage makes getting online incredibly straightforward. The low entry cost and user-friendly admin make it worth considering.
Founded in 1996, DreamHost is among the web’s original hosting providers. Shared hosting plans start at $2.59 per month and offer unlimited bandwidth, storage, and free SSL certificate.
- 97 day money back guarantee on shared hosting plans.
- Optional fully managed WordPress hosting.
- 1-click installer for popular CMS platforms.
- VPS and dedicated server upgrades available.
- Confusing array of hosting plan options.
- Renewal prices jump 35%+ after first term.
- Speed and uptime more limited on lower-end plans.
DreamHost is a suitable option for small business owners wanting the confidence of a long standing, proven hosting company. Shared hosting balances features with affordable pricing.
For small businesses on an extremely tight budget, Hostinger provides an ultra-affordable entry point to launching a basic website. Shared hosting starts at only $0.99 per month including 100GB SSD storage, SSL certificate, and unlimited bandwidth.
- Often runs flash sales dropping shared hosting to $0.01 for first month.
- Includes 1-click install for popular CMS platforms.
- Free domain name registration.
- 30 day money back guarantee.
- Dramatic renewal price increases after first term.
- Very limited storage and bandwidth allotments on cheapest plan.
- Technical support options not very responsive.
Hostinger suits extremely small and budget sites needing only the basics provided on a shoestring budget. For more robust small business websites, other providers are likely a better fit long term.
Lesser known than other shared hosts on this list, InterServer still packs a punch when it comes to features. Shared hosting plans start at $5 per month and include unmetered SSD bandwidth, free site migration, and AnyCast DNS.
- Unmetered bandwidth even on lowest cost plan.
- CloudFare CDN and Railgun optimization available.
- Scales smoothly to handle more traffic.
- Managed VPS upgrades available.
- Basic shared hosting plan lacks backups or free SSL.
- Support options limited outside business hours.
- Control panel less intuitive than competitors.
For small businesses wanting unlimited bandwidth and scaling options without the high cost, InterServer deserves a look. Technical experts will appreciate advanced performance features.
Key Factors to Consider
When reviewing the top web hosting providers suitable for small businesses, keep the following key factors in mind depending on your specific needs:
- Monthly cost – Look for affordable plans but watch for price hikes on renewal billing cycles.
- Storage and bandwidth – Even small sites need room to grow over time.
- Speed and performance – Vital for keeping visitors happy and engaged.
- Uptime and reliability – Choose providers with proven uptime track records.
- Support options – Look for 24/7 customer support via phone, live chat, and tickets.
- User interface – The control panel should be easy to navigate without technical skills.
- Security features – Essential for protecting any customer or company data.
- Scalability – Make sure the host can smoothly accommodate more site traffic.
- Backups – Daily backups protect against data loss in case of disasters.
- Money back guarantee – Opt for hosts that allow you to test risk-free for 30 days or more.
Choosing the best web hosting provider for your small business is an important decision. The hosts reviewed in this article represent the top options to consider based on factors like cost, features, performance, ease of use and more. Take time to thoroughly evaluate your specific needs and budget when deciding on a provider. Look for money back guarantees allowing you to try the service risk-free. With the right web hosting powering your online presence, you can focus on growing your business and serving customers.